Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hobart 500550 Auto Arc 130 Wire Feed MIG Welding Kit | REAL ...

By Erik A. Berger

I bought this from Amazon warehouse deals for $344 overnighted to my house.

A+ for amazon.

got it out of the box, immediately spent 20 minutes putting the car together.. its a cart. nothing special, but I havent had any problems it it at all. if it gets wobbly later, I will just weld it all together.

moving on to the welder its self, the unit is superbly sturdy and looks nice. the included wire is flux core which I deem the anti-christ and would only use on out-door or other not important welds. I immedeately went to my local welding supply store, got a spool of .030 alloy steel wire and a cylinder of Argon CO2 mix, popped on a new groung clamp and tested it out on some spare 1/8″ steel.

the welds are BEAUTIFUL. this unit honestly does the job as well as by friend’s Handler 140. the machine has plenty of power to penetrate 1/8″ steel and get a nice, consistent weld.

I welded a but joint 8″ and the machine, even at the highest amperage, didn’t take a break. the duty cycle is how you know its a great welder, those Miller internals do the job beautifully.

the included regulator is fixed flow, but I actually prefer that, hate messing about with stuff that isn’t necessary!

at any rate, the unit is superb by all accounts and is the best 110V welder I have used to date.

only tip I have is buy an auto-dimming welding helmet, best investment second to buying a good quality welder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment