Friday, April 20, 2012

What Welder is Best For me - MIG Welding Forum

Hi Guys

I am new to the forum and I have been advised to ask for your guidance in buying a welder, I read the Buying a welder guide and took some useful information away from that .

I am in a situation where my little stick welder aint cutting the cake any more as I just think it takes far to long to weld with and its just cheap crap lidil 90amp but I only bought it to save my self £90 on a part for my ride on mower welder was only £30 so its already paid for its self over and over this past year

I bought a quad recently and it all went wrong quickly melted a piston I am a fully qualified mechanic so this wasn't a problem however I decided fitting a slightly bigger engine would be the best bet as it was kinda slow

so I already had a Fire blade engine sitting around that runs so just the frame to modify

my 90amp stick is almost impossible to run a bead with below 80amps i have used Lincoln welders for years and use a 300amp stick at work and that thing is amazing I have also had a go of a Lincoln MIG and loved it

so my needs

welding car bodywork
1"DOM tubing W/D 1-2mm
thin plate for boxing battery and things in not sure of thickness as not got it yet

anyway I am on a budget and I am not willing to splash 2k on a Lincoln for it to get used about 6 times a year max I don't have a workshop just a shed

I have been looking at Sealey stuff and Clarke

I Want a euro torch I have used a Clarke MIG with a very short cheap torch and hated it

I Have been looking at these machines but would take another machine that had a good report from you guys

Model No: SUPERMIG180
Welding Current: 30 -180A
Wire Capacity: 5.0 – 15kg
Duty Cycle: 100% @ 56A, 75% @ 65A,
60% @ 73A, 15% @ 145A
Cooling System: Forced Air
Spot Welding Timer: Yes
Gas Type: CO2, Argon, CO2/Argon Mix
Torch: Euro Non-Live- BINZEL
Power input: 230V- 1ph
Absorbed Power: 5.7kW
Case Size: Large
Weight: 45kg

at £387.96

thanks guys

kind regards
Robert

0 comments:

Post a Comment